The Dwight Look College of Engineering at Texas A&M University invites students from your program to apply for the 2015 Undergraduate Summer Research Grant (USRG) Program. During this summer research experience, participants work closely with faculty members on current or individual research projects, attend development and GRE workshops, make a formal poster presentation of their research experience, and submit a final written report describing the results of their research.
Additional information and the application can be found at http://tx.ag/usrg.
Deadline: Wednesday, February 18, 2015.
1. Interest in and a desire to actively participate in ongoing research projects
2. Preference given to students with at least a 3.25 cumulative GPA
3. Be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident
4. Major in engineering or related science or math curriculum
5. Completed sophomore year (at least 60 hours) by the end of Spring 2015
6. Plan to graduate no sooner than December 2015
7. Exceptions to the above will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Each participant will receive a $5,000 scholarship for support during the ten weeks. The program will also pay tuition and fees for one credit hour of a required independent study/research; provide housing; and pay up to $400 for travel expenses for non-TAMU participants.