Staff Engineer is a newly created position and will report to and work closely with the City
Engineer to design, construct, maintain and map city infrastructure. Responsibilities will include:
● General Public Engineering Projects under the direction of the City Engineer.
● Geographic Information System (GIS) Mapping of Electric, Natural Gas, Water, Sewer
and Stormwater systems.
● Electrical system management, including coordination of new construction and
dispatching electrical line crews.
● Natural Gas system management, including interaction with state inspectors, safety
inspection and training, new connection approval and inspection.
● Approval of street cut permits and inspection
● Other various duties and responsibilities as necessary for the smooth and uninterrupted
delivery of city services.
The Ideal Candidate:
The City is looking for a talented individual with a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an
accredited college or university with coursework or experience in GIS and computer mapping,
and must have passed the fundamentals of engineering exam (EIT Certification). Any
experience in engineering, electrical or natural gas systems will be appreciated. It is expected
that no applicant will have all of the skills required at the time of employment, and the City is
committed to training and teaching. The ideal applicant will demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn and apply new skills and knowledge.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
● Graduation from college with a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering.
● Experience in construction inspection, surveying, and engineering design preferred.
● ArcGIS and CAD experience preferred.
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATION
● Must possess and maintain a valid Utah Driver's License.
● Must possess a Utah State Level II Water Treatment or be able to obtain such within one
(1) year from date of hire.
● NACE CP1 Cathodic Protection Tester Certification or ability to obtain such within two
(2) years from date of hire.
● Must be a certified EIT.
Compensation & Benefits:
● $43,184 - $50,255 Hiring Wage
● Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
● Annual Paid Leave
● 12 Paid Holidays
● Retirement - Utah Retirement Systems
The City of Blanding is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates are strongly
encouraged to apply by August 30, 2017 (first review, open until filled). Please send a resume,
cover letter, and any letters of recommendation. They will be accepted by email to:
email@example.com . Questions can be answered by email, or by calling Jeremy Redd, City
Manager, at 435-678-2791 x302.
For more information, please refer to the attached document.