Environmental Engineering & Hydrology
Ph.D. Civil Engineering, Northwestern University, 1994.
Contact Info - Office:
242F Clyde Building
Gustavious P. Williams
|Northwestern University||PhD, Civil Engineering, 1994.|
|Brigham Young University||BS, Civil Engineering, 1987.|
- Associate Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering, BYU, (2004 - present)
- Adjunct Professor, Electrical Engineering, Utah State University, (2007 – present)
- Project Manager, Bechtel Nevada, (2003 – 2004)
- Associate Engineer, Argonne National Laboratory (1997 – 2003)
- Adjunct Professor, Civil Engineering, Northwestern University, (2002 – 2003)Lecturer, Masters of Project Management, Northwestern University (2001 – 2003)
- Environmental Studies Degree Coordinator, Northwestern University (1998 – 2003)
- Lecturer, Graham School, University of Chicago (1998 – 1999)
- Assistant Engineer, Argonne National Laboratory, (1994 – 1997)
- Lecturer, Environmental Studies, Northwestern University, (1992 – 2003)
- Post-Doctoral Instructor, Civil Engineering, Northwestern University (1994)
- Consistent involvement in professional organizations in technical and educational areas
- Interaction with industry through sponsored research
- Occasional Consulting
Consulting and Patents
- NSTec (2004 – present)
- Bechtel Nevada, (2003)
- DOE Proof of Invention: Passive Soil Vapor Extraction System – ANL-IN-99-065, Gustavious Paul Williams, Geoscience and Information Technology Section, Environmental Assessment Division, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL.
States in Which Professionally Licensed
Principal Publications of the Last Five Years
- Williams, Gustavious P. and David Tomasko “A Conservative Model for Quantitative Evaporation Impact Estimates of Once-Through Cooling Water with Minimal Data Requirements” Journal Of Environmental Impact Assessment Review Elsevier (submitted 2008).
- ASCE/EWRI Standard 50-2008, Standard Guideline For Fitting Saturated Hydraulic Conductivity Using Probability Density Functions Environmental and Water Resources Institute of the American Society of Civil Engineers, Alexandria, VA.
- ASCE/EWRI Standard 51-2008, Standard Guideline For Calculating The Effective Saturated Hydraulic Conductivity Environmental and Water Resources Institute of the American Society of Civil Engineers, Alexandria, VA
- Williams, Gustavious P. and David Tomasko “An Analytical Solution to the Advective-Dispersive Equation with a Decaying Source Term and Contaminant” ASCE Journal Of Hydrologic Engineering (submitted 2007).
- Smith, K. P., J. J. Arnish, G. P. Williams, and D. L. Blunt (2003) “An Assessment of the Disposal of Radioactive Petroleum Industry Waste in Nonhazardous Landfills Using Risk-Based Modeling” Environmental Science & Technology, 137(10) May 15, 2003.
- Williams, Gustavious P. (2003) “The Objectives of Long-Term Groundwater Monitoring”, Book Chapter in Long-Term Groundwater Monitoring: The State of the Art. Prepared by The Task Committee on the State of the Art in Long-Term Groundwater Monitoring Design, ASCE, 2003.
- Williams, G. P., B. Minsker, D. Dougherty, and D. M. Rizzo (2003) “Future Research and Technology Transfer Needs in Groundwater Hydrology and Hydrogeology”, Book Chapter in Long-Term Groundwater Monitoring: The State of the Art. Prepared by The Task Committee on the State of the Art in Long-Term Groundwater Monitoring Design, ASCE, 2003
Scientific and Professional Societies
- Member of ASCE
- Session Chair - Groundwater Characterization and Monitoring, 2008 Annual Conference
- Session Chair – Groundwater remediation, 2006 and 2007 Annual Conference
- 2006 – present - Vice Chair for Task Committees – Groundwater Management Committee
- 2006 – present - Ground Water Awards Committee – Ground Water Management Committee representative
- 2005 – present - Member – KSTAT Standards Committee
- 1996 - present - Member – Groundwater Planning and Management committee
Honors and Awards
- National Nuclear Security Administration Office of Nuclear Nonproliferation Research and Development Certificate of Recognition for organizing the UITI2007 conference
- U.S. Naval Facilities Engineering Service Center, Certificate of Recognition for the NAVFAC China Lake Depleted Uranium Survey.
- Argonne National Laboratory Certificate of Recognition for Student mentoring
Institutional and Professional Service in the Last Five Years
- Committee member and lead for CEEn 100ab seminar breakout (2007 – present)
- Graduate Committee, member (2007 – present)
- Safety Committee, Department Representative (2006 – present)
- Global Awareness, Leadership, Innovation, and Character Development Committee, Member (2006 – 2007)
- CEEn Lead – CEEn and BYU Chemical Management Joint 395 Laboratory Management (2005 – present)
- Water Resources Engineering Committee, member (2004 – present)