*All job opportunities at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort require the ability to comply with our Professional Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and Employee Conduct Policies.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Resort Operations, coordinate and facilitate employee use of alternative commuting methods in order to optimize guest parking at the resort and reduce vehicle traffic in the canyon during peak business periods.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility
1. Promote UTA bus service, RideShare van usage, Canyon Transportation shuttles and carpooling by Snowbird employees and their dependents and concession employees and their dependents.
2. Facilitate and assist employees with finding alternative means of regularly commuting to and from work with co-workers and avoiding the driving of single occupant vehicles to the resort for work or off-duty activities.
3. Work with management, Canyon Transportation and others to optimize the daily shuttle schedule for employees.
4. Assist in the managing of Canyon Transportation logs and RideShare driver and van records and reporting.
5. Assist employees in creating and participating in RideShare van pools and carpools.
6. Facilitate a "Guaranteed Ride Home" program.
7. Organize, facilitate and provide frequent communication with all employees regarding parking policy, UTA, shuttle, RideShare, and carpool schedules and issues.
8. Travel: Occasional trips to Salt Lake Valley.
1. Occasional contact with guests.
2. Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management, and other departments.
3. Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
Education & Experience Requirements
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
2. 1-2 years of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Valid Driver License w/ clean MVR (driving record)
Skills & Knowledge
Good computer skills including Microsoft outlook, excel, word. Some database system use desirable. Strong interest in, experience with or knowledge of public transportation programs helpful.
Ability to organize work, manage multiple priorities and projects, meet deadlines, communicate via multiple medias and methods. Ability to work well with people,
1. Shifts vary, may be early morning or late evening, weekends, holidays, depending on business levels.
2. Specific Shift: Wednesday - Saturday, may include some early mornings. Amount of hours negotiable.
1. May experience unusual stress from high business volumes, deadlines, continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
1. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
2. General office environment with limited physical activity.
3. Work is subject to frequent interruptions making continuity and accuracy difficult, frequent exposure to noise.
4. Other/Additional: Familiar with and comfortable using public transportation
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.