Oldcastle Precast is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Precast is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
The EIT will assist with Engineering Design, Drafting, Production, and Quality Control and will be responsible for providing technical support for products and processes. This includes support for plant improvement projects related to new equipment installation, production efficiency and safety.
- Perform structural analysis of reinforced concrete products
- Perform drafting of new equipment, products, and molds
- Understand product strength requirements, concrete mix designs and serve as a technical resource for plant quality control
- Support plant with cost savings projects related to process or product design
- Participate in design documentation made available to sales and production teams for all products
- Contribute to zero injury safety culture by providing recommendations for manufacturing and equipment design
- Provide technical support for plant capital projects and new equipment installation
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related degree
- Registered EIT or ability to secure certificate in a maximum of 2 years
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, and be able to perform structural design calculations
- Ability to use a variety of computer programs, including AutoCAD and Inventor with one year minimum experience
- Basic knowledge of AASHTO LRFD, ACI 318, and other applicable design codes.
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Manage projects and perform duties on schedule with expected quality and results
- Ability to interact with customers, managers, engineers, drafters and other employees to resolve engineering and management related issues
Please refer to the link for further information: https://jobs.oldcastle.com/job/Ogden-Engineer-in-Training-%28-EIT-%29-Og...