Ph.D. Computational Science, Engineering, and Mathematics, University of Texas at Austin, 2011.
Contact Info - Office:
368S Clyde Building
Michael A. Scott
|University of Texas at Austin||PhD, Computational Science, Engineering, and Mathematics, 2011|
|University of Texas at Austin||MS, Computational and Applied Mathmatics, 2008|
|Brigham Young Unviersity||MS, Civil Engineering, 2006.|
|Brigham Young University||BS, Civil Engineering, 2005.|
- Assisant Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering, BYU, (2012 - present)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, ICES, The University of Texas at Austin 2011-2012
Principal Publications of the Last Five Years
Honors and Awards
- 2011: Robert J. Melosh Medal Finalist
- 2006 - 2010: ICES Computational and Applied Mathematics Fellowship
- 2006: National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship, Honorable Mention
Institutional and Professional Service in the Last Five Years
Organizer/Chair of Symposia
- Isogeometric Representation and Analysis within the SIAM Conference on Geometric and Physical Modeling (Denver, Colorado, 2013).
- Geometric Methods in Computational Mechanics within the 12th United States National Congress on Computational Mechanics (Rayleigh, North Carolina, 2013).
- Isogeometric and Higher-Order Boundary Element Methods within the 11th World Congress on Computational Mechanics (Barcelona, Spain, 2014).
- Isogeometric Methods within the 11th World Congress on Computational Mechanics (Barcelona, Spain, 2014).
- Short course Isogeometric Methods in Numerical Simulation within the International Center for Mechanical Sciences (Udine, Italy, 2013).
- Post-congress short course Isogeometric Analysis following the World Congress on Computational Mechanics (Barcelona, Spain, 2014).
Regular reviewer (International journals)
- Computer Aided Geometric Design
- International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering
- Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering
- ACM Transactions on Graphics